November 30th, 2018 is 30th annual Computer Security Day. The first computer security day was in 1988 started by the association for Computer Security.
The technological advancements have brought with them new concerns about security. Thus, it is important to ensure that your computer and device are all secure. In order to prevent the misuse of financial and personal data, both company and personal computer should be protected against cyberattacks.
To celebrate National Computer Security Day, Here are tips on secure your computer.
1. Make sure your Windows update is enabled and turn on Windows Firewall.
2. Reguarly back up your important data.
3. Remove the unused programs.
4. Make sure your home wireless network is secured.
5. Log off the computer when you are not using it.
6. Remove temporary internet files periodically.
7. Strong password used.
8. Passwords are not shared or written down.
9. Do not click unidentified links or download files.
10. Install antivirus software.
Be aware that your old anti virus may not be strong enough to protect latest attacks. If you are looking for Advanced Anti-malware service, I highly recommend Exosphere. Exosphere scans file in real-time and filter web site. Also, Exosphere provides PC healthcheck and backup features to make sure your data is protected.
Check out more information here : https://exospheresecurity.com/